September 23 2008 - Breaking News - Holly Collins is Free!

Holly Collins can come home at last, thanks in large part to her amazing daughter Jennifer's advocacy.

Jennifer spoke at the International Violence,Training, and Abuse conference in San Diego last week, and received aCourageous Kid medal from CA Protective Parents Association and The LeadershipCouncil. Holly's attorney brokered a plea agreement.

8,000 emails were sent to the Hennipen County DA through www.stopfamilyviolence.org and were pivotal in this great outcome for Holly and her children.


BREAKING NEWS!! CHARGES AGAINST HOLLY COLLINS DISMISSED!!! (Tues Sept 23)

As promised, the felony kidnapping charges were dropped in exchange for Holly Collins pleading to a lesser charge. In a quiet voice, Collins told Judge Margaret Daly, crying, " I admit I'm in violation of contempt of court. This court didn't protect my kids, and I just want to say, I still to this day believe them."

She was sentenced to unsupervised probation for one year, or until she completes 40 hours of community service, which she plans to serve in the Netherlands by either volunteering at a shelter for domestic violence victims or working with refugees. "Without them actually putting it in words, they are basically admitting they made a mistake," Collins says of the reduced charges.

"My lawyer keeps telling me I should be happy, but I'm not," she says. "I just keep thinking, 'What took them so long?'"


No comments:

Post a Comment